Thursday, June 7, 2012

Entry 1: RE: "Snow White" - One Fantasy to Rule Them All

Posted by: Chad Van Alstin




Your praise for this very average film officially makes your film taste unpredictable -- and that isn't a compliment. While I think that there is some value to be had here in terms of the visuals, everything else about this movie really falls flat.

I wouldn't have minded the complete lack of character development  if this movie was just more fun. Sadly, I didn't really enjoy any of the action at all; there's just nothing special about it.

 What we have here is an art film that isn't smartly done, and instead relies entirely on its visual presentation (which  has some serious issues) to sell itself. Snow White is a really weak movie. While I don't necessarily mind an action-packed Snow White re-telling, I think that some care could have been taken to bulk up the characters and setting.

I think it's safe to say that without the success of the Lord of the Rings movies a film like Snow White would never have seen the light of day. Before we continue I want you, Brad Redder, to answer a simple question for me: 


Is Snow White and the Huntsman a better film than the Lord of the Rings trilogy?


Please, try to keep your answer objective. I just think the legions of This Week's Movie fans deserve to hear the answer, before they decide to cease taking you seriously.



No comments:

Post a Comment