Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Entry 2: RE: "MIB3" - It Puts Me to "Sleep".

Posted by: Chad Van Alstin





Stop with your lies! I really didn't like this film at all. Since you are so important as to need two full posts worth of information, I'm only going to pick one thing to respond to for now -- Josh Brolin.

My finding value in his performance is like dropping a lollipop in the toilet -- you can still enjoy it, but really you're only making the best of a bad situation. Brolin is doing a pretty damn good impression of Tommy Lee Jones, and that's about as far as the praise goes.

He's a good actor. And the cast in this film is full of talent; however, even the few moments where they all shine can't make this a good film. I still just think it's important to point out the positive aspects of a film, assuming there are any.

I did forget to mention the Andy Worhol scene, and I'm glad you brought it up in your review. I found this scene to be rather funny. However, it all seemed like a gag fit for another film. it didn't really fit into the plot at all. Still, I find the work of Andy Worhol to be  pretentious -- pseudo-intellectual -- crap, and I laughed during this sequence. 

Still, these moments of decent comedy are few and far between. Most of the jokes seem to stem from the personality of Boris the Animal who, unlike you, I don't take seriously at all; his mannerisms just wear on me rather quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment